Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sweet Butterflies

I finally got some stamping time in yesterday. I actually got 3 cards done. This is the first card I did. I fell in love with this card done by Jen Balcer. I loved the striped paper and the layout.

I used craft ink to stamp the butterflies and then sprinkled some Iridescent Ice embossing powder on top. After I embossed them they were all sparkling. The swirls are stamped with VersaMark and embossed with Iridescent Ice as well.

On another note, I have some exciting news. I am being published!!! One of my Dare to Be Darling cards was chosen to be in the January 2008 edition of Cards! How exciting is that! You will notice that I had to take it down for now. So only those with a good memory or who are in my swap group know which one it was. I just cannot believe that the first card I sent in got selected! I cannot wait to see it in print!

Have a great day! More cards tomorrow!

Stamps: Sweet Shapes and Hugs & Wishes
Paper: Shimmery White, Rose Red, Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi and Darling Doodles DSP
Ink: Craft Rose Red, VersaMark and Groovy Guava
Accessories: Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Wild Wasabi Stitched Grosgrain and pop dots

5 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Very pretty, love the stripped paper and color combo

Sew Club said...

Super cute, Julie! Love the colors!

Angie Tieman said...

Great card and congratulations on being published!! That's fantastic, can't wait to see it!

Kim said...

Love the card! And congrats on being published!!

Kris said...

Julie that is AWESOME! I am so glad you got published that is wonderful news!!!!