Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Spring Blogger Swap

I participated in the Spring Blogger Swap hosted by Sarah Moore recently. I received several gorgeous swaps back this week. So over the next few weeks I will be sharing them with you. I was in two groups. The first group had to create a card using a set from the Spring Mini Catalog and were only allowed to use SU! products.

This is the card I created. I was heavily inspired by this card over on Amy's blog Heartfelt Greetings. I loved the paper she used and wanted to recreate it using stamps. I was a little more complicated than I had anticipated, but I am happy with the results. To create the look, I used glossy paper. I stamped my images using StazOn ink and then used a white crayon to cover the entire area of each image and some of the area surrounding them. I then brayered on my turquoise ink and then buffed the card stock off. This left me with completely white images. I then colored in selected areas using my SU! markers. Be sure you let the piece dry between each color or you will get a mess. A complete tutorial for this technique can be found here. After finishing the focal panel I stamped dots on the top half of the yellow card base and then attached the red card stock and did some faux stitching around the edges. I tied on some turquoise ribbon, stamped a sentiment and then I layered my focal panel onto more card stock and added some red brads.

Stamps: Doodle That, Much Appreciated & Itty Bitty Backgrounds Inks: Craft White, Real Red, Jet Black Staz On & Tempting Turquoise Paper: Real Red, Glossy White, Whisper White & Yo Yo Yellow Accessories: White Singo Gel Pen, S! REal Red, Yoo Yo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise and Green Galore Markers, Paper Piercer, Red Brads,Turquoise Grosgrain, Brayer & White Crayon

2 comments:

DeniseLynn said...

Wow - it's stunning. The colors are yummy!

Stampin_Melissa said...

This is too cute! I never thought to color in the white after you buff off the ink and crayon! Hmmmm, I'll have to go play now. :D