Thursday, March 15, 2007

Atlanta Regionals Swap

So, went to the Atlanta Regionals this past Saturday and swapped this card. Only once I got home I realized that I had forgotten to take a picture of it and would not be able to share it with you all. But then as I was perusing the gallery I saw this card. I received it as a swap in Atlanta. So I sent Christy a little note begging that she have pity on me and take a photo for me. And She DID!!!! So now I am forever indebted to her! Please take a peak at her new blog, Stamps Scissors and Sippy Cups and give her some love!

This card was a lot of work but I love the end result. Since I was mass producing these I did things a little differently. First I stamped full 81/2 x 11 sheets of pink paper with the Paisleys. I used Timber Brown StazOn because it popped of the paper better than regular classic ink. Then while watching/listening to the TV I used my white gel pen to add a little highlight to the images. then I cut the full sheets into quarters and then cut the quarters in half. I mounted each one onto chocolate card stock. Then I took the base of the card and stamped the images down both sides and highlighted with the gel pen. Next I stamped the focal flower with pink craft ink and embossed it with iridescent ice embossing powder and then added the sentiment. I then stamped the words. Afterwards I added a little pick grosgrain. Then I took a sponge (that is now retired) and some chocolate ink and distressed everything including the ribbon. After everything was distressed I put it all together. the focal image is popped up on dimensionals.

In other news... I drew a winner for the Blog Gift. Thank you to everyone who commented. I read every single comment and visited the blogs if you have one. A very BIG thank you to Allison for sending so many people this way. Be sure to check Allison's Blog, Stampin' When I Can for frequent updates on where to find blog candy!

Stamps: Polka Dots and Paisley Inks: timber Brown StazOn, Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink Craft & Classic Paper: Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White Accessories: Singo White Gel Pen, Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder and Pink grosgrain ribbon.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

It is wonderful, isn't SCS great! I'm glad you found someone who could get you a picture!