Friday, March 16, 2007

Welcome, Cora Cooper

My friend just had a new baby girl. My last too babies were boys so I excited to do something girly for a baby! I hope she likes it.

I started by using my Cuttlebug to do the swirls on the top portion of the card. I then used the side that had the swirls sunken in rather that the side that had raised swirls. I then stamped the hand with pink craft ink and embossed with iridescent ice embossing powder. Then I used the ticket corner punch on each corner and layered it onto some rose and pink card stock. the whole piece is popped up on dimensionals. I had wanted to pit the ribbon across the top of the patterned paper but the swirls do not reach the fold on the card and I wanted to cover that up. So instead I put a piece of pink card stock right above the paper. To finish it all off I stamped "Welcome, baby!". I just feels so girly! I love it.

Stamps: Tiny Talk & I'm Here Paper: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White and Regal Rose Card Stock & Loves Me Designer Series Papers Inks: Basic Black and Craft Pretty in Pink Accessories: pink grosgrain ribbon, pink dotted organdy (Wal-mart), Iridescent Ice EP & Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl Embossing Folder

6 comments:

Amy said...

Julie, it's a beautiful card!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is one beautiful card. I might have to case this one!!! :)

Terry Molineux said...

Very cute and very simple to duplicate thanks so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I like the way you used the pink paper at the top of the patterned paper instead of ribbon - never would have thought of that - it works.

Sew Club said...

Julie, this is such a sweet card! Your friend will love it!

Ticia said...

Really cute card! I love baby cards and this one is great.