Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Color Challenge

As many of you know, I love color challenges. This weeks challenge is to use Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou and Barely Banana. I do not have any Blue Bayou ink yet so I had to use Bordering Blue. They are very close so it is not too noticeable. I wanted to create a simple card. I think I achieved that but even now I am dying to add something to it. Hmmm... maybe I am just not a simple card person. My inspiration for this card came from a card in my favorites by StampinSweetie. As soon as I saw the colors for this week this card came to mind. I pretty much stuck to her layout and just simplified the whole thing. Pretty strait forward stamping here. I used the Wasabi ink pad to ink the stem and leaves and the petals were inked using a marker. I also popped the whole flower panel up on dimensionals.
Stamps: Heartfelt Thanks
Inks: Wild Wasabi, Barely Banana and Basic Black
Paper: Textured Blue Bayou, Barely Banana, Wild Wasabi and Whisper White
Accessories: Bordering Blue Marker and Wasabi Double Stitched Ribbon

1 comment:

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, love it just the way it is, this card is fantstic.