Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Little Black Dress

Here is another card I did for Virtual Stamp Night/ Weekend. The challenge was called Little Black Dress. The main images had to be stamped on black card stock.



I created this card using my Baroque Motifs set. I stamped the flourish and the medallion with white craft ink and then embossed with white embossing powder. Then I cut out the medallion and put a rhinestone brad (earring) in the center of it. I used some retired organdy ribbon to finish the whole thing off. Normally I would not leave my embossing so messy, but the challenge limits you to 45 minutes so I did not have time to go back and do it again.



My inspiration came from this card by Kitty. If you are not part of the SCS Fan Club you will not be able to see the original card. When I first saw this card I put it in my favorites and intended to do it in red. But when I saw the challenge I knew it would work perfect. I may still do it in red though.


Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Inks: White Craft Ink
Paper: Basic Black & Whisper White
Acessories: Fire Circle Rhinestone Brad, White narrow organdy ribbon (retired), wide black organdy ribbon (retired) and white embossing powder

3 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love the B&W, this card is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Stunning card. The white on the black really pops! TFS.

Kim said...

Gorgeous card!!