Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Color Challenge 95

As you may know I LOVE the Color Challenges on SCS! This weeks challenge colors are Basic Black, Cool Caribbean and Whisper White. I ended up doing two cards with these colors. I love the way the colors pop off of each other.


My first card was CASEd from a card uploaded by Vicky. NurseT made the card for her. This card has been in my favorites for a few months and these colors seemed to be the perfect match. I used my Aqua Painter to color in the birds and I used my Cool Caribbean Ink pad to dye some grosgrain ribbon to match. I also painted a floor under the little birds so that they weren't floating in mid air.

Stamp Set: Love Ya Bunches; Card Stock: Basic Black, Cool Caribbean and Whisper White; Ink: Jet Black Staz On & Cool Caribbean: Accessories: Aqua Painter, Black and White Grosgrain.


My second card was inspired by a card created by Chantel. I am always looking for a way to use my Year Round Fun II Set. I changed things a little but stayed with her basic layout. I wanted to do a larger black square, but my punch would not reach to the center. I ended up with a 3 inch square and used the 1 3/8 SU! Square Punch. To get it centered ( I can never eyeball it) I turned my square panel over and drew lines from each corner, creating an X in the center. Then I centered my punch over the X and made sure that the lines I had drawn lined up with the corners of my punch. Voila! Perfectly centered! Again I used my Aqua Painter to color in everything and create the "table" that the cupcake sits on.

Stamp Set: Year Round Fun II & Mini Mates; Card Stock: Basic Black, Cool Caribbean and Whisper White; Ink: Jet Black Staz On & Cool Caribbean: Accessorise: Aqua Painter, Black gingham ribbon and Square punch

4 comments:

Tammy said...

These colors are just beautiful. I wasn't sure about the Cool Carribean but after seeing it - I think I definately have to have it.
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

This was such a great challenge, and your cards are beautiful for it. Great work.

Soozie4Him said...

I just today found your blog! Wahoo - it's really a great one! Love your suggestion about making an X on the back of the cardstock to find the center - I'll be using that tip for sure! I also really appreciate that you CASE some of your cards, that's inspiring to me! And of course it's great that you show us the original card too.

Susan

Fairle Beaman Carroll said...

Just found your blog and you do beautiful work! This color challenge resulted in lots of fabulous cards and yours is one!
Fairle