Saturday, January 6, 2007

For Lynnda

I made this card for my friend, Lynnda. She moved a few towns away. Not far, but I miss her just the same. Of course, she used to live 10 minutes away and I hardly ever saw her, but at least she was close KWIM?

The photo is not the best because I did not take it in natural light. It was dark outside and I wanted to get this in the mail today so she will get it on Monday (everyone needs happy mail on Monday) so I went ahead and took it in my stamp room. This card was inspired by Julia S. She made this card a while ago but it has been in my favorites for a long time and I finally found the perfect reason to case it.

I stamped the flowers in Versamark and the embossed them with Iridescent Ice Embossing Power. Then I cut out a rectangle to use as a mask (the hardest part of this card) and then sponged on all the color. The ink resists the embossed area, making the image pop out. You can see a tutorial on this technique here.

Stamp Set: Petal Prints & Rough Edges Alpha Inks: Vintage Violet, Pixie Pink and VersaMark Paper: Whisper White and Vintage Violet Accessories: Hot pink polka dot organdy ribbon, Iridescent Ice EP, Heat tool

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This card is absolutely beautiful!!! I love the lay out, the colors; it is so pretty.