Monday, January 8, 2007

Stamp Club Project

Valentines Day is almost here. I just finished doing a Valentine swap so I guess that got me in the mood. Every other card I do seems to have a heart theme. So, I decided to do a Valentine card for my stamp club this Friday.
I have wanted to teach the ladies in my monthly stamp club the Diamond Dust technique. I have also been seeing a lot of cards with the scallops made from a slit punch and wanted to show them that as well. (You can see the tutorial for Diamond Dust here.) So I went to the gallery on SCS and looked up the only Valentine set I own and immediately found this great card created by Vitality. So I altered a few things like adding the Diamond Dust and this is what I ended up with. I thought about adding more to this card, but I needed to limit myself so that we have time to make another project. In fact I put some detail on the scallops here but I think I will leave it out for my class.

Stamp Sets: Tiny Talk & Happy Hearts Inks: VersaMark, Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose Papers: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Whisper White & Basic Black Accessories: Rose, Pink and Black Grosgrain; slit punch,
Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder & Stampin' Dimensionals®

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I just found your blog and it's great!!!!!!! I was wondering if you could explain how to make those scalloped edges with the slit punch, I'd love to learn how to do it?
Great card!!!
Thanks so much,
Liz K

Sean Carter said...

This is a pretty informative post...and your creation looks absolutely stunning...just loved it...keep up the good work...and hey since you're in the Valentines Day mood so drop by my blog sometime where i've posted a lot of stuff on Valentines Day...it's got a lot of unique ideas as well...i'm sure you'll enjoy going through all that's there!!!

Kyla said...

Great job on this card!! It looks great, love all the dazzling diamonds, I am a total glitter girl! (Vitality)