Monday, January 8, 2007

Scallop Edges

Everyone keeps asking, "How did you do that?" So I took a few photos, because a picture speaks louder than a thousand words. I did not come up with this idea. I simply read about it in the SCS forums. I am posting picture in hopes that it will help all of you who had questions. I did my scallops on a thin strip of paper. This technique will not work for larger pieces of paper. I did find a tutorial, by Natasha aka tashers on SCS, that shows how to do this technique using a corner rounder. I haven't personally tried it but it looks like it would work for larger pieces of paper.


All you need is a slip of paper and a slit punch.







Punch out your first slit. Be sure that your slit will not hit the edge of your paper.









On the next punch overlap onto the previous punch just a little. It is kinda hard to see here, but I tried.











When you have all the scallops you need, you can pull away excess paper.






I hope this has helped you get a visual on how to make your own scallop edges. If this has helped you please post a comment and let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terrific tutorial Julie, thank you so very much!!

Liz K

Unknown said...

Yes, Julie, your instructions were concise and easy to follow with your clear photos. Thanks so very much.

Michelle Single said...

Too cute, Julie - THANKS!!!